24 Townhouse Road
East Waterboro, ME 04030
Phone: (207) 247-6166, Ext. 110
FAX: (207) 247-5456
Mon: 9am - 5pm
Tues: 11am - 7pm
Wed/Thurs/Fri: 9am - 5pm
The Town Clerk is the keeper of all town records including birth, death, marriage certificates and marriage intentions, elections results, voter registrations. Also: Fish & Game agent.
NOTICE: As of January 2016: All hunters under age 16 are required to have a Junior Hunting License.
Laws Of The Maine Outdoors - Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Snowmobile, ATV & Boating Laws (Digital Law Books Available for Download)
A Marriage License may be obtained from the office of the Town Clerk, for a fee of $40.00. For persons previously married, a certificate must be presented indicating the dissolution of the former marriage. The license is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. There is no longer a three day waiting period.
- Each owner or keeper of a dog at the age of 6 months or more, on or before January 1st of each year shall obtain a license.
- Valid State of Maine rabies certificates are needed for each dog license. If the dog has a certificate from another state, a Maine Veterinarian must certify the certificate.
- A dog owner or keeper shall pay a fee of 11.00 for each dog 6 months or older capable of producing young.
- A dog owner or keeper shall pay a fee of $6.00 for each dog 6 months or older that is incapable of producing young (certification from veterinarian required).
- After January 31st, a late fee of $15.00 $25.00 per dog in addition to the annual license fee shall be paid. [Per Maine State Law]
- A person having a pack or collection of dogs for the purposes of breeding, hunting, show, training, field trials, and exhibition shall pay a fee of $42.00 for a kennel license. A kennel owner may not keep more than 10 dogs per license. Rabies certificates required for each dog.
Voter Registration & Abesentee Ballots:
- The Town Clerk is also the supervisor of elections. The office is an alternative absentee voting place for qualified voters.
- To register to vote in Waterboro, please come into the Clerk's office and fill out a voter registration card. It is important that you show I.D. that has your Waterboro residence address on it and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Voter registration can take place anytime during our office hours. You may also register to vote on Election Day itself but you must show an I.D. showing your Waterboro residence.
- I.D. could be a Maine-Drivers license, car registration, bills or even an envelope that has gone through the mail to you at your Waterboro address. Street address only, P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
- Try to register to vote before Election Day.
- If your address has changed within Waterboro, please let this office know so the voter list can be updated.
Qualified Parties In Maine:
Absentee ballots can still be requested 30 days prior to an election. You can stop by the Town Offices or call (207) 247-6166, Ext. 110.
Marriage & Death Certificates:
The Town Clerk's Office may issue copies of Marriage and Death certificates that are filed in that town. The fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.