Instructions For Applying For A Building Permit
Download Building Permit Application
1. Copy of a Recorded Deed or sales agreement.
2. The application for the permit shall be accompanied by one (1) copy of plans drawn to scale to include elevations, floor plans and mechanical systems of sufficient clarity and detail to show the nature and character of the work to be performed.
3. A site plan showing to scale the size and location of all new construction and all existing structures on the site, distance from lot lines and shall be drawn with the accuracy of a typical boundary line survey. If a structure is to be removed, the plot plan shall show all existing structures and construction that are to remain on the site or plot.
4. Three (3) copies of a subsurface waste disposal system (HHE-200).
5. Internal plumbing permit application.
6. If in the Flood plain area, a Flood Hazard permit application must be submitted.
7. Electrical Service Form 1190 must be filled out by the applicant before the CEO can sign it and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the signed form to CMP.
8. Phone service application from the Telephone company applicable to your area must be filled out by the applicant prior to the CEO signing it and it will be the responsibility of the applicant to provide this to the phone co.
9. Driveway entrance permit (if applicable). All town roads require an entrance permit from either the Waterboro Road Commissioner or State of Maine DOT.
10. For the purpose of issuing E911 numbers the applicant must provide a sketch showing the driveway entrance and its relation to the property lines.
11. Occupancy permits will not be issued until the E911 numbers are placed on the house as required. When the residence is within 50’ of the road the number shall be displayed on the house. The number shall be a contrasting color and be at least 4” in height. When the house is more than 50’ from the road, the number shall be displayed on a post, fence, wall, mailbox or some structure adjacent to the walk or driveway. Authority to require this prior to occupancy comes from the Town of Waterboro E911 Ordinance adopted June 3, 1995.
12. If your property is within 100 feet of the highwater mark of any waterbody, please ask for a shoreland zoning permit application.